Monday, March 1, 2010

Multiple Intelligence Test

Yesterday, I took the Multiple Intelligence Test and the following is my results:



According to the chart above, my dominating intelligence would be in visual/spatial intelligence. From what I understand, this type of intelligence involves the ability to visualize objects and spatial dimensions, and create internal images and pictures. This means that I learn through the many around me that I observe and often try to figure out the different patterns or trends behind them.

I feel that the MIT is very useful as it can help a student to understand something or to complete their work as fast as possible. A student can use the results he got from the MIT, and according to his/her dominant intelligence, he/she can use it to come up with a suitable learning method so that he/she can maximize the time given to either complete tasks or understanding difficult problems.

Although the MIT can bring to us many benefits, we must not be solely focused on merely one area of intelligence and forget about the others as they might also prove to be more useful in some areas of work.

According to Dr. Gardner, "He contests such claims of validity by arguing for a different view of standardized testing that is not biased in favor of only one kind of intelligence at the expense of others. He also notes the achievements of students in non-academic settings and the tragedy of exclusion that results when whole segments of the population are not served because their intelligences do not have the opportunity for expression."

I fully agree with his views as a teacher cannot teach using one sort of intelligence and neglect the others, as this might affect the learning of students who are specifically weak in that area. Instead, I feel that the MIT should only be used by students to have a brief idea on what type of intelligence they possess and try to maximize its usefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment